THE FROGMORE POETRY PRIZE 2021
Sponsored by the Frogmore Press
The winner of the Frogmore Poetry Prize (founded 1987) will receive two hundred and fifty guineas and a two-year subscription to The Frogmore Papers. The first and second runners-up will receive seventy-five and fifty guineas respectively and a year’s subscription to The Frogmore Papers. Shortlisted poets will receive copies of selected Frogmore Press publications. Previous winners of the Prize have been: David Satherley, Caroline Price, Bill Headdon, John Latham, Diane Brown, Tobias Hill, Mario Petrucci, Gina Wilson, Ross Cogan, Joan Benner, Ann Alexander, Gerald Watts, Katy Darby, David Angel , Howard Wright, Julie-ann Rowell, Arlene Ang, Peter Marshall, Gill Andrews, A K S Shaw, Sharon Black, Emily Wills, Lesley Saunders, Sarah Barr, Eve Jackson, Polly Walshe and Ron Scowcroft.
Adjudicator: Clare Best’s latest collection of poems is Each Other (Waterloo Press 2019). Her prose memoir The Missing List was published by Linen Press in 2018 and her collection Excisions was shortlisted for the Seamus Heaney Centre Prize 2012.
Conditions of Entry
- Poems must be in English, unpublished, and not accepted for future publication.
- Poems should be typed and no longer than forty lines.
- Any number of poems may be entered on payment of the appropriate fee of £4.00 per poem. Cheques and postal orders should be made payable to The Frogmore Press.
- The following methods of payment are acceptable: cheque drawn on UK bank; British postal order; sterling. Payment can also be made by BACS or PayPal. Email email@example.com for details.
- Each poem should be on a separate sheet, which should not include the name of the author.
- The author’s name and address should be provided on an accompanying sheet of paper.
- The winner, runners-up and shortlisted poets will be notified by post. All shortlisted poems will appear in number 98 of The Frogmore Papers (September 2021), which will be available at £5.00 from the address below.
- To receive a copy of the results, please enclose an s.a.e. marked ‘Results’.
- Poems cannot be returned.
- Closing date for submissions: 31 May 2021.
- Copyright of all poems submitted will remain with the authors but the Frogmore Press reserves the right to publish all shortlisted poems.
- The adjudicator’s decision will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.
- Entries should be sent in hard copy to: The Frogmore Press, 21 Mildmay Road, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 1PJ.
- The submission of poems for the Prize will be taken as indicating acceptance of the above conditions.