The winner of the Frogmore Poetry Prize for 2018 will win two hundred and fifty guineas and a two-year subscription to The Frogmore Papers. The first and second runners-up will receive seventy-five and fifty guineas respectively and a year’s subscription to The Frogmore Papers. Shortlisted poets will receive copies of selected Frogmore Press publications. Previous winners of the Prize have been: David Satherley, Caroline Price, Bill Headdon, John Latham, Diane Brown, Tobias Hill, Mario Petrucci, Gina Wilson, Ross Cogan, Joan Benner, Ann Alexander, Gerald Watts, Katy Darby, David Angel , Howard Wright, Julie-ann Rowell, Arlene Ang, Peter Marshall, Gill Andrews, A K S Shaw, Sharon Black, Emily Wills, Lesley Saunders, Sarah Barr and Eve Jackson.
Adjudicator: Janet Sutherland was born in 1957 and grew up on a dairy farm. She studied at the universities of Cardiff and Essex, and has an MA in American Poetry. She has published three collections with Shearsman: Burning The Heartwood (2006), Hangman’s Acre (2009) and Bone Monkey (2014).
Conditions of Entry
- Poems must be in English, unpublished, and not accepted for future publication.
- Poems should be typed and no longer than forty lines.
- Any number of poems may be entered on payment of the appropriate fee of £3 per poem. Cheques and postal orders should be made payable to The Frogmore Press.
- The following methods of payment are acceptable: cheque drawn on UK bank; British postal order; sterling.
- Each poem should be on a separate sheet, which should not include the name of the author.
- The author’s name and address should be provided on an accompanying sheet of paper.
- The winner, runners-up and shortlisted poets will be notified by post. All shortlisted poems will appear in number 92 of The Frogmore Papers (September 2018), which will be available at £5.00 from the address below, and on the Frogmore Press website.
- To receive a copy of the results, please enclose an s.a.e. marked ‘Results’.
- Poems cannot be returned.
- Closing date for submissions: 31 May 2018.
- Copyright of all poems submitted will remain with the authors but the Frogmore Press reserves the right to publish all shortlisted poems.
- The adjudicator’s decision will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.
- Entries should be sent to: The Frogmore Press, 21 Mildmay Road, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 1PJ.
- The submission of poems for the Prize will be taken as indicating acceptance of the above conditions.